|Published:||Apr 08, 2011 3:43 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Apr 08, 2011 12:43 PM EDT|
TAMPA, Fla.- A jury took just 16 minutes to return a guilty verdict against a 38-year-old man who has only spent three years outside prison since he was 16.
Tommy Lee Sailor, who now faces life in prison, did not react when the verdict was announced Thursday. He will be sentenced May 5.
Authorities say the victim had somehow managed to call 911 during the New Year's Day 2010 attack. On the recording, jurors heard victim's screams and the attacker's voice. At one point he told her he was "a serial killer and a serial rapist."
Sailor had been convicted in two previous rape cases.
The victim met Sailor at a bar and he offered her a ride home. They stopped at his house, where authorities say the attack took place.
(Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- Toy drive sign ups end Friday for Collier Salvation Army
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school
- Man accused in 2 killings attempts jail escape
- Officials: Encouraging sign for 24 stranded whales