|Published:||Mar 31, 2011 6:29 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 31, 2011 3:31 PM EDT|
LAKELAND, Fla. - Central Florida authorities say seven people were injured when a tent collapsed during severe weather at the Lakeland Linder Airport.
Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd says most of the injuries that happened Thursday were not serious, but one person broke a hip.
The airport is the site of the Sun 'n Fun Fly-In, an annual aviation expo. Several large tents are erected every year as part of the event.
Severe thunderstorms, high winds and small tornadoes have swept through the region, from the Gulf Coast to Orlando.
(Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- No plans to remove wreckage from fatal boat crash
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- S Fla biologist recovering after rattlesnake bite
- Salvation Army receives another 'Mimi coin' donation
- 1 suspect in Miami-Dade police manhunt identified