|Published:||Mar 29, 2011 4:40 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 29, 2011 1:42 PM EDT|
CHARLOTTE COUNTY, Fla.- The Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office is advising the public northeast of Punta Gorda to the DeSoto County Line about hearing loud explosions and feeling vibrations during the month of April while new power lines are energized.
CCSO has been advised by contractor Dillard Smith Construction that the explosive sounds begin April 1 through April 30, starting in Nocatee off U.S. 17 in Desoto County, into Charlotte County ending in the Washington Loop Road area by Trails End Drive. The company is running new power lines for Seminole Electric and when power is turned on; people in the area will be hearing the explosions.
David Bloom, spokesman for the company, told CCSO, “This explosion is used to connect multiple lines sealing them and making a good electrical connection. They will have approximately three charges every five days or so.”
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Ida Baker assistant principal put on leave
- Fake service dogs hurting those who actually need them
- Men called heroes after pulling man from Golden Gate lake
- Desoto County deputy admits to lying about beating
- Men take homeowner's truck at gunpoint, abandon it nearby
- Salvation Army of Collier short on donations and volunteers
- Residents are still homeless after a devastating Sept. fire