|Published:||Mar 28, 2011 11:45 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Mar 28, 2011 8:45 PM EDT|
CAPE CORAL, Fla.-UPDATE: Cape Coral Police Detectives are still pursuing leads in the March 27th armed robbery of a Brinks armored truck driver at the Publix supermarket located at 127 Cape Coral Parkway West.
Citizens can submit information on the robbery by:
- calling 239-574-3223
- Submitting a web-tip at www.capecops.com
- Texting a tip (anonymously) by texting “CCPD + your message” to CRIMES (274637)
- Calling SWF Crimestoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS (you will be eligible for a cash reward)
- Visiting 1100 Cultural Park Blvd Cape Coral, FL
Please view the BOLO video by clicking on the link below.
Cape Coral Police release surveillance video from Sunday's armored truck robbery.
The video shows the suspect waiting by the exit at the Publix grocery store on Cape Coral Parkway.
Seconds later, the suspect attacks.
As a Brinks employee was exiting the Publix store and walking toward the armored vehicle, the suspect ambushed the Brinks employee from behind and tasered the him in the neck.
The employee dropped the coin and cash bags during the tasing and was temporally stunned.
That's when the suspect picked up the bags of money and ran.
Police believe he ran to a black SUV that was waiting nearby.
Cape Police say the robbery was well planned and took less than ten seconds.
The suspect is wearing a black cap, gray t-shirt and black shorts.
Anyone with information is urged to call police immediately.
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- 3 headliners cancel music performances at SeaWorld
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash