ENGLEWOOD, Fla.- Charlotte County Sheriff’s deputies arrested Robert Christopher Tuttle, 22, for attacking his 60-year-old mother with an ax Thursday, threatening to kill her, and forcing her to stay in his bedroom for several hours to watch movies with him.
CCSO received a call from Tuttle’s mother at 10:00 a.m. to 1501 Maryknoll Road, Englewood. She said her son passed out and she escaped from his bedroom where she was being held against her will for hours. She said her son had been drinking, and around midnight became aggressive with her and began destroying items in the home.
Tuttle used an ax to smash the kitchen oven, hit the refrigerator, destroyed his bedroom door and threatened to kill her and himself if she called police. Tuttle swung the ax at his mother but she stepped back and it did not hit her. He then forced her into his bedroom and made her stay for several hours and watch movies with him while holding the ax. When deputies arrived, they arrested Tuttle. Deputies also located a sword, an expandable baton, and a baggie of marijuana in his bedroom, all in plain view.
Tuttle said he was upset about his father who is currently in the hospital. Tuttle was transported to the Charlotte County Jail where he remains on no bond. He is charged with Aggravated Assault with a Deadly Weapon, False Imprisonment, Possession of Marijuana and Possession of Drug Paraphernalia.
- Suspects on the loose after allegedly robbing Iberia Bank
- How life has changed for Fort Myers 2007 lotto winner
- Local bar named Best beach bar in America
- FMPD forced to pay back overtime
- Record tourist season adds 1,700 hospitality jobs in Collier
- Naples tops 'Healthy Living' poll
- Fl construction adds jobs
- Rev up your lawnmowers for grasscar racing