NORTH FORT MYERS, FL- A burglar breaks into a Lee County store, feet first, through a roof! What's worse, it's not the first time it's happened this way.
"Hold it right there!"
When Ronald Lucas heard a banging noise on the roof of the business next door, he sprung into action.
He says, "I'm the only guy brave enough to come out here."
Every night, with his loaded shotgun, Lucas patrols his yard, looking for trouble.
At 3 O'Clock yesterday morning, he found it.
"I hear the noise over on Farmer Jack's roof, someone's breaking in."
That's when the owner of Farmer Jack's Convenience Store got the call.
Someone broke into the store, through the roof.
Lucas spotted him in the act.
"I had my gun at that time, I said well I can shoot him right here, I'm likely able to wound him,he get away."
The burglar smashed the store's cash machine and stole around seventy dollars in coins. This is the second time in three months, the machine has been hit. The burglar ran.
The store owner says, "I've been violated."
He hopes this will be the last time. If not Lucas says, he'll be waiting, gun in hand.
Lucas says, "I dare him to come! oh he'll be back and it will his last day breaking in anywhere."
- Confusion leads to heavy police activity at Bernwood Cove
- CCSO seeks IDs of persons of interest in burglary case
- Teen fights off suspect accused of holding a gun to her head
- Woman accused of faking sons' deaths won't face jail time
- Students slime principal for 1 million minutes of reading
- Miami man catches longest Burmese python captured in Fla.
- Truck carrying mulch rolls over at Colonial & Plantation
- LCSO catches home invasion suspects in San Carlos Park
- Baby found, father charged in South Fla.
- Fla. gov. vetoes nearly $400 million from budget