Published: Mar 14, 2011 4:50 PM EDT
Updated: Mar 14, 2011 1:52 PM EDT

ORLANDO, Fla.- An Orlando man told police his 1-year-old child had been shot.

Authorities say the man called 911 at 9:46 Sunday, saying his son was shot during "what he believed to be a drive-by shooting.

Orange County Sheriff's spokeswoman Susan Soto says the child was taken to Arnold Palmer Hospital in critical condition.

The child's name and additional details about the shooting have not been released. --- Information from: Orlando Sentinel, http://www.orlandosentinel.com (Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)