|Published:||Mar 08, 2011 5:46 PM EST|
|Updated:||Mar 08, 2011 2:48 PM EST|
BARTOW, Fla.- A 71-year-old inmate at the Polk County Jail died after choking on a hot dog.
Authorities say Lynn Ludlow Pierson died Monday, four days after he choked.
Pierson was serving time for the attempted murders of his 8-year-old granddaughter, 93-year-old mother-in-law and 48-year-old son in 2007. All three survived their injuries.
Officials say Pierson had been at the Polk County Jail since November, when he was released from the Florida State Hospital in Chattahoochee. He was scheduled to have a competency hearing on Monday.
--- Information from: The Ledger, http://www.theledger.com
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Update: Cape Coral kid hit by car doing 'a lot better'
- Suspect in custody after Orlando-area school shooting
- Sheriff: Fla. man kills wife, son with crossbow
- Gifts, volunteers needed for adopt-a-senior holiday program
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Support for smack cam victim grows, victim responds
- Pt. Charlotte street closed due to roadway collapse
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41
- Grinch steals Christmas trees from Lemon Bay students