|Published:||Mar 08, 2011 5:46 PM EST|
|Updated:||Mar 08, 2011 2:48 PM EST|
BARTOW, Fla.- A 71-year-old inmate at the Polk County Jail died after choking on a hot dog.
Authorities say Lynn Ludlow Pierson died Monday, four days after he choked.
Pierson was serving time for the attempted murders of his 8-year-old granddaughter, 93-year-old mother-in-law and 48-year-old son in 2007. All three survived their injuries.
Officials say Pierson had been at the Polk County Jail since November, when he was released from the Florida State Hospital in Chattahoochee. He was scheduled to have a competency hearing on Monday.
--- Information from: The Ledger, http://www.theledger.com
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Arrest made in Port Charlotte party shooting
- Child killed after being backed over by truck
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend
- Skydiver, pilot treated after midair accident
- Coast Guard: 10 migrants repatriated back to Cuba