|Published:||Mar 03, 2011 7:08 PM EST|
|Updated:||Mar 03, 2011 4:11 PM EST|
TAMPA, Fla.- Firefighters found the charred remains of a person in the passenger seat of a burning vehicle.
Authorities say a neighbor called 911 about 12:30 a.m. Thursday to report a vehicle on fire in a wooded area in a Carrollwood neighborhood.
Hillsborough County Fire officials found the vehicle fully engulfed in flames. Once they put out the fire, they found the body inside.
Detectives from the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office are investigating the incident as a suspicious death. They say it will take an extensive forensic examination to determine who the victim is and the cause of death.
--- Information from: The Tampa Tribune, http://www.tampatrib.com
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- JetBlue Airways opens flight route to Haiti
- FMPD arrests 3 teenaged vehicle burglary suspects
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- EXCLUSIVE: LeeTran driver speaks after possible bus shooting
- Fla. man charged in boy death eyed in 2nd killing