|Published:||Mar 03, 2011 4:04 AM EST|
|Updated:||Mar 03, 2011 1:04 AM EST|
DELRAY BEACH, Fla. (AP) - Officials have recovered the bodies of two dead children from a South Florida canal.
Delray Beach police say divers retrieved the body of a young black girl, stuffed into a duffel bag, Wednesday morning from a canal that divides Delray Beach from Boca Raton. Since the canal runs for miles in each direction, investigators say the body could have been dumped anywhere.
Later Wednesday, the body of a boy, stuffed into a suitcase, was found in the canal.
Authorities haven't identified either child, but they are investigating as if the cases are related.
Police say the girl was wearing a short-sleeved shirt, dark pants and blue Polo brand sneakers. She had braided hair, with white beads on each strand. No description was immediately available for the boy.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Update: Cape Coral kid hit by car doing 'a lot better'
- Suspect in custody after Orlando-area school shooting
- Sheriff: Fla. man kills wife, son with crossbow
- Gifts, volunteers needed for adopt-a-senior holiday program
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Support for smack cam victim grows, victim responds
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41
- Grinch steals Christmas trees from Lemon Bay students
- Alamo gun range set to open in February in Naples