|Published:||Mar 03, 2011 4:04 AM EST|
|Updated:||Mar 03, 2011 1:04 AM EST|
DELRAY BEACH, Fla. (AP) - Officials have recovered the bodies of two dead children from a South Florida canal.
Delray Beach police say divers retrieved the body of a young black girl, stuffed into a duffel bag, Wednesday morning from a canal that divides Delray Beach from Boca Raton. Since the canal runs for miles in each direction, investigators say the body could have been dumped anywhere.
Later Wednesday, the body of a boy, stuffed into a suitcase, was found in the canal.
Authorities haven't identified either child, but they are investigating as if the cases are related.
Police say the girl was wearing a short-sleeved shirt, dark pants and blue Polo brand sneakers. She had braided hair, with white beads on each strand. No description was immediately available for the boy.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Police arrest man who crashed his car into Cape canal
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman's throat slit by daughter's boyfriend, 15
- Crist defends President Obama, blasts Scott
- FMPD arrests 2, seizes drugs, cash and handgun during search
- Driver suffers serious injuries after causing 3-car crash
- CCSO investigates Waffle House armed robbery
- Men allegedly point guns at FMPD officers
- Security plans for Boston Marathon to be detailed
- Woman dies after driving into pond