|Published:||Mar 01, 2011 9:05 PM EST|
|Updated:||Mar 01, 2011 6:06 PM EST|
DAVENPORT, Iowa- Federal prosecutors say a Florida man accused of taking a 12-year-old Iowa girl back to Florida and having sex with her has pleaded guilty.
A news release from the office of U.S. Attorney Nicholas Klinefeldt in Iowa's Southern District says 27-year-old Justin Carter pleaded guilty on Monday to transportation of a minor with intent to engage in criminal sexual activity.
The release says Carter had been talking to the girl over an Internet chat room. He traveled to Muscatine to meet her last June, and they drove back to his home in Jacksonville, Fla.
FBI agents found him there. He directed agents to a nearby park, where they found the girl in a tent.
Carter's sentencing is set for July 8 in Davenport, Iowa.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- 3 headliners cancel music performances at SeaWorld
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash
- CCSO: no reason to believe accused murderer heading to SWFL
- 3 people killed in Florida Panhandle boat crash