|Published:||Mar 01, 2011 7:39 PM EST|
|Updated:||Mar 01, 2011 4:39 PM EST|
CHARLOTTE COUNTY- Charlotte County Sheriff’s detectives arrested Brian Joseph Thompson, 23, of Punta Gorda, in connection with the Jan. 21 burglary of Subway, 1720 S. McCall Rd. in Englewood.
Surveillance video showed a subject using a key to enter, then walk behind the counter, picked up a glove and put on his right hand. The subject then went to the safe, used the combination to open it, and stole $1,362 cash.
The general manager and employees viewed the video and all said the suspect in the video was Thompson, a former employee who left Subway a couple of months earlier.
Even though Thompson’s face was hidden by a grey hooded sweatshirt, employees recognized the sweatshirt that Thompson wore to work.
Thompson failed to show up for two meetings with detectives, and Monday, detectives arrested him.
He was charged with Burglary and Grand Theft. Thompson was transported to the Charlotte County Jail, posted a $5,000 bond and was released.
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft
- 2 dead after shooting at Miami barbershop
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog