|Published:||Feb 22, 2011 1:40 AM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 21, 2011 10:41 PM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla - A Lee County high school student is celebrating a top showing at a national taekwondo tournament in Texas.
Chris Kreis won a bronze medal in sparring in the 14-17 year old World Class Black Belt division at the 2011 U.S. Open Taekwondo Championship in Austin, Texas.
Kreis, a junior at South Fort Myers High, was one of 1000 black belt athletes from 55 different countries who competed.
Kreis is a two time Florida state champion.
He trains at the USA Taekwondo Center in Fort Myers under Master Veiko Kreis.
- Cape Police find child living in deplorable conditions
- Deputies confiscate handgun from students at Alva Middle
- Lee County judge rules in favor of son in life or death case
- Ford logo creates close call for FGCU men's basketball team
- FGCU WINS!
- Cape PD: Man buys iPad with stolen credit card
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Cape Coral Police shoot 'aggressive' dog on SW 6th Ave.
- Principal charged with sexually assaulting staffer
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm