|Published:||Feb 22, 2011 1:12 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 22, 2011 10:23 AM EST|
San Carlos Park, Fl - It was supposed to be a new beginning for Ryan Bower's and his family. Bower's says his home in New York burned to the ground. So he gathered his family and moved to Florida. Not long after the family arrived in Florida, they met a man who told them he had several homes the family could rent. Bower's says it seemed like a blessing. But the situation quickly became a nightmare when the family moved in to a San Carlos Park duplex and handed over 18 hundred dollars to the man. Soon after the family learned devastating news. The man, who investigators have yet to identify, did not own the duplex and allegedly took off with the family's cash. There is a fairly happy ending though, the REAL owner has stepped up and is allowing the family to stay put.
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Update: Cape Coral kid hit by car doing 'a lot better'
- Suspect in custody after Orlando-area school shooting
- Sheriff: Fla. man kills wife, son with crossbow
- Gifts, volunteers needed for adopt-a-senior holiday program
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Support for smack cam victim grows, victim responds
- Pt. Charlotte street closed due to roadway collapse
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41
- Grinch steals Christmas trees from Lemon Bay students