|Published:||Feb 21, 2011 11:41 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 21, 2011 8:40 PM EST|
CAPE CORAL, Fla.- Everett Little had mixed emotions walking into his Cape Coral home for the first time in four months.
"When we got home that's when everything hit him.He said I'm sad because now I know how much you missed me," said his mother Shannon Little.
She kept the Christmas tree up, hoping her son would be home to celebrate. And they did, at 1:30 in the morning Saturday when they walked in the door.
"You wake up everyday thinking today could be the day that he comes home. It wasn't Christmas without him," said Shannon Little.
"My mom got me Legos, and an RC car, and candy," said Everett.
Shannon is excited to have her son back, but says there are a lot of emotions to death with after Everett's scary experience with his father.
"I cant really describe it. Confusing, should I tell on him, or should I stay with him, and do all that. But I sort of stuck in the middle," said Everett.
He says the worst part was when his father was arrested in Michigan.
"It was almost like watching an episode of Cops. Everyone's busting in saying "Oh this is the police" and all that."
After all that, Everett can't wait to get back to school and see all the friends he missed.
"I'm a little bit nervous, and I don't want to be coming into class, everyone jump on top of me like "How was your trip" and all that."
"I think he's doing an amazing job. He's so resiliant and strong. You just have to take it one step at a time," said Shannon.
- Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41 still closed Thursday morning
- No one hurt in North Fort Myers mobile home fire
- Lehigh family wants schoolbus back
- Grace Church's worm farms help students with special needs
- Rescuers work to herd stranded whales away from SWFL shore
- Florida Supreme Court to discuss medical marijuana Thursday
- Collier County first responders investigate hazmat situation
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys