|Published:||Feb 20, 2011 9:35 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 20, 2011 6:36 PM EST|
POMPANO BEACH, Fla. (AP) - A 2-year-old girl appears to have drowned in her family's swimming pool in Broward County.
Authorities say the girl's mother found her in the pool late Sunday morning at their Pompano Beach home. Rescuers took the girl to a north Broward hospital, where she was pronounced dead.
The Broward County Sheriff's Office is investigating.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- 2 die in South Florida motorcycle crash
- SWFL gathering Saturday to support elderly smack cam victim
- An iconic ship gets a chance to set sail on a new voyage
- Man catches dog thief in the act
- Post Office offers help on Sundays
- Ft. Myers woman reflects on Mandela, growing up in S. Africa
- Edcational app making the grade in Lee County Schools
- Garrod Drywall burglary suspect blacks out cameras