|Published:||Feb 20, 2011 9:35 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 20, 2011 6:36 PM EST|
POMPANO BEACH, Fla. (AP) - A 2-year-old girl appears to have drowned in her family's swimming pool in Broward County.
Authorities say the girl's mother found her in the pool late Sunday morning at their Pompano Beach home. Rescuers took the girl to a north Broward hospital, where she was pronounced dead.
The Broward County Sheriff's Office is investigating.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Woman's throat slit by daughter's boyfriend, 15
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman allegedly steals iPhone 5S from Verizon Store
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- FMPD arrests 2, seizes drugs, cash and handgun during search
- Driver suffers serious injuries after causing 3-car crash