|Published:||Feb 20, 2011 10:38 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 20, 2011 7:38 PM EST|
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) - A helicopter search crew has found the body of a missing Florida boater in the Gulf of Mexico.
The U.S. Coast Guard said 56-year-old Tommie Lipford of Largo had gone out on his 21-foot Kenner fishing boat Friday and was reported missing by his family around 2 a.m. Sunday. His body was found roughly 4 miles from his boat at about 11 a.m. The boat was anchored with its lights on. It's unclear how Lipford died.
The Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission is investigating.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school
- Motorcycle crash blocks Nelson Rd. at Tropicana Pkwy.
- Officials: 20 whales spotted closer to shore