|Published:||Feb 19, 2011 5:22 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 19, 2011 2:22 PM EST|
PORT CHARLOTTE - Charlotte County Sheriff’s Narcotics Unit detectives seized $24,261 cash and 4 pounds 11 ounces of marijuana in a convicted felon’s home in Port Charlotte.
CCSO received a call at 11:30 p.m. from a Probation Officer checking on Zachary Alan-Charles LaFlair who is currently on probation for Cocaine Trafficking. LaFlair was released from prison July 2010 and returned to Charlotte County.
While searching his home, detectives seized numerous large bags with marijuana, baggies of marijuana in a suitcase, numerous small size baggies of marijuana, a digital scale, boxes of small baggies and rubber bands. They also seized a notebook/ledger containing names of LaFlair’s clients and other information.
Spread out on his bed were several piles of cash amounting to $21,261, and another $3,000 in his closet. The unemployed LaFlair was transported to the Charlotte County Jail where he remains on no bond. If anyone has information about illegal drug activity, please call the CCSO Narcotics Unit at 941-575-2157, or Crime Stoppers at 800-780-TIPS (8477).
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- 3 headliners cancel music performances at SeaWorld
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- CCSO: no reason to believe accused murderer heading to SWFL
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash
- 3 people killed in Florida Panhandle boat crash
- Man who rescued motorcycle rider, killed in crash on Friday