|Published:||Feb 19, 2011 1:53 AM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 18, 2011 5:24 PM EST|
Facebook is revamping its status options to give users more ways to express themselves.
The social media pioneer has long provided people with the ability to set a relationship status such as "single," "married," or "it's complicated."
Now users have the option to set their status as "in a civil union" or "in a domestic partnership."
Facebook says many people have been requesting these more comprehensive options, and the company wants to make sure they can accurately reflect their personal relationships in their profiles.
For now, these new features are only available in the U.S., Canada, the United Kingdom, Austraila, Ireland and France.
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Update: Cape Coral kid hit by car doing 'a lot better'
- Suspect in custody after Orlando-area school shooting
- Sheriff: Fla. man kills wife, son with crossbow
- Gifts, volunteers needed for adopt-a-senior holiday program
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Pt. Charlotte street closed due to roadway collapse
- Support for smack cam victim grows, victim responds
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41
- Grinch steals Christmas trees from Lemon Bay students