|Published:||Feb 18, 2011 5:22 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 17, 2011 9:22 PM EST|
ESTERO, FL-Speaking of crooks caught on camera-- take a look at this.
A naked burglar breaks into a Lee County retirement community's clubhouse and is accused of stealing sausage of all things!
Resident Joe Brown points to the "It was down here in the bottom, it was frozen."
When Mariners Cove Resident Joe Brown discovered the community's sausage, intended for pancake breakfast had been stolen, he knew exactly what he had to do.
"We went to the video camera, because that's the first thing you do..someone stole something, let's see who it is.."
But nothing prepared him for who, or what, was unveiled on surveillance.
Brown says, "The door hadn't been locked, and he came in there's a room back there, he was out of sight, all of a sudden out of no where he came out into the club house and he didn't have any clothes on!"
Word of the bare naked burglar "streaked" through the 55+ retirement community in a flash.
Resident Norm Hicks sings,"Well they call him the streak...he's proud of his physique..."
Another resident shares, "Well they told us there was a guy running around in the buff."
Brown says, "That was funny! I was laughing! He absolutely made himself at home."
Residents say, judging by the evidence left behind he was in need of a shower.
"We assume he took a shower in the slop sink in the back."
"We have a lot of rules in here, but I don't think we have a rule against streaking in the club house, we may have to add that."
Once detectives got a good look at this video, they recognized 34 year old Joshua Abernathy, believed to be a transient, and arrested him, putting an end to the bare naked bandits indecent exploits.
Hicks says, "It's exciting, you know, when you get to 55+, you don't get a whole lot of excitement..so this is great!"
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- Woman allegedly caught on camera taking wallet, using card
- Boy, 4, may have died of bacterial meningitis