|Published:||Feb 18, 2011 6:57 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 18, 2011 4:00 PM EST|
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - The husband of a Florida mother accused of killing their two children says he wants a divorce.
Army Col. Parker Schenecker released a statement saying he met with his wife, Julie, on Friday and told her he was filing for divorce. The statement said their meeting at the jail was "emotional and productive," but it did not detail their discussions.
Fifty-year-old Julie Schenecker told investigators that she planned and carried out the shooting deaths of her 16-year-old daughter, Calyx, and 13-year-old son, Beau, because they talked back and were "mouthy." Her husband, a military intelligence officer, was on duty in the Middle East at the time.
It was the first time the couple met since Julie Schenecker's arrest on Jan. 27.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- FMPD arrests two for aggravated assault on law enforcement
- Power Outage Delays FGCU Game. Power Surge causes TV delay
- FGCU'S Road To March Madness Comes To An End
- FGCU takes on Mercer at 2 p.m. for ASUN Championship
- War Horse coming to the stage at Barbara B Mann
- Woman In Critical Condition after Motorcycle Crash In Charlo