|Published:||Feb 18, 2011 6:57 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 18, 2011 4:00 PM EST|
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - The husband of a Florida mother accused of killing their two children says he wants a divorce.
Army Col. Parker Schenecker released a statement saying he met with his wife, Julie, on Friday and told her he was filing for divorce. The statement said their meeting at the jail was "emotional and productive," but it did not detail their discussions.
Fifty-year-old Julie Schenecker told investigators that she planned and carried out the shooting deaths of her 16-year-old daughter, Calyx, and 13-year-old son, Beau, because they talked back and were "mouthy." Her husband, a military intelligence officer, was on duty in the Middle East at the time.
It was the first time the couple met since Julie Schenecker's arrest on Jan. 27.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- Motorcycle crash blocks Nelson Rd. at Tropicana Pkwy.
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school
- Officials: 20 whales spotted closer to shore