|Published:||Feb 18, 2011 9:53 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 18, 2011 6:54 PM EST|
FORT WALTON BEACH- A 5-year-old boy from north Florida has been ordered to attend a fire-prevention class after starting a fire with toilet paper in the bathroom of his home.
Investigators say the boy started the fire using a lighter left on the bathroom sink of the Fort Walton Beach home.
Ocean City-Wright Fire Department Battalion Chief Scott Funchess says children's names are typically not listed with the state fire marshal's office until they are at least 7 years old, but the boy had had problems with fire before.
That's why the child will attend classes at the department.
--- Information From: The Northwest Florida Daily News, http://www.nwfdailynews.com/ --- Information from: Northwest Florida Daily News, http://www.nwfdailynews.com
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- Woman allegedly caught on camera taking wallet, using card
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- Boy, 4, may have died of bacterial meningitis