|Published:||Feb 17, 2011 6:45 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 17, 2011 3:47 PM EST|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.-- Pitchers and catchers for the Minnesota Twins reported for Spring Training at Hammond Stadium Thursday.
Their first official workout is scheduled for Friday, though players were taking batting practice and throwing some pitches Thursday.
Pitcher Joe Nathan took to the mound for a few throws Wednesday. He's hoping to reclaim his position at the Twins' star closer this season. He was out for a year after undergoing reconstructive "Tommy John" surgery on his right throwing elbow.
The Twins are usually the last of the three teams who play in Southwest Florida to report for Spring Training, though it doesn't seem to be an issue in their performanace later in the regular season. The team has led it's division for the past two seasons.
The Red Sox full squad reported for training Thursday, with pitchers and catchers reporting earlier this week. The entire team is scheduled for its first official workout of Spring Training this Saturday.
The Tampa Bay Rays' pitchers and catchers reported earlier this week as well.
The Twins will take on the Red Sox next Sunday, February 27th at Hammond Stadium.
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- Lee's family talks about new 911 dispatcher training
- Thieves steal handicapped man's motobility chair
- Deadly accident in Fort Myers
- Taxpayers footing the bill for Damas hearings, treatment
- Immokalee firefighters donate new bikes after damaging one
- Interactive play to teach dangers of drug use