|Published:||Feb 17, 2011 5:53 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 17, 2011 2:55 PM EST|
PENSACOLA- A judge is expected to issue the final sentence for the convicted ringleader of a deadly ninja-style attack on a Panhandle couple.
In a hearing Thursday afternoon, Judge Nickolas Geeker will say whether he agrees with a jury's recommendation that Patrick Gonzalez Jr. be executed for the slayings of Byrd and Melanie Billings.
Gonzalez was convicted in October of leading a group of men dressed like ninjas to rob and kill the Florida couple while their nine special-needs children slept or cowered nearby.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- Woman allegedly caught on camera taking wallet, using card
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- Boy, 4, may have died of bacterial meningitis