|Published:||Feb 17, 2011 12:51 AM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 16, 2011 9:32 PM EST|
FORT MYERS, FL-A business owner says she wants the man who burglarized her Casino Arcade, not once, but twice-behind bars.
So far he's managed to avoid arrest.
The owner says she's got video proof that he's guilty.
"You gotta be kidding me?!"
That's the reaction Karen Kopp had when she saw a familiar face on the surveillance video at the Vegas Experience on San Carlos Bvld. burglarizing one of her slot machines- again.
"My hands are tied."
That's because she says last April, her camera caught this man, prying open this machine. You can see him looking over his shoulder, and ducking. Store employees told deputies, the machine's cash was gone and so was the thief.
"We had him on camera we turned the camera over to the police."
Kopp also had the suspects information because players are required to provide it before they play. Deputies didn't arrest the man, but took that information and the video to the State Attorneys Office and requested a warrant. It was denied.
"If getting him on camera doing the crime is not enough evidence, I don't know what is."
On Valentine's day Kopp says the man struck again, stealing more cash from the same machine.
She hopes the second time is a charm and he ends up behind bars. She also has a message for him.
"Get a job!"
The state attorneys office says there just wasn't enough evidence to issue a warrant to pick up the suspect the first time.
Deputies are investigating the Valentines day incident.
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey
- Holiday event fundraises for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- Panther found dead of suspected gunshot wound
- 2 dead after shooting at Miami barbershop
- Man who gave abortion drug to be sentenced
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash
- Attendance up at 2013 Art Basel in Miami Beach
- Report: Access to voting in Fla. varies by county
- FIU hosts meeting on deteriorating bridges