|Published:||Feb 16, 2011 7:35 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 16, 2011 4:35 PM EST|
CAPE CORAL- Cape Coral Police have launched the Community Engagement Program, new crime fighting initiative on Wednesday.
The Cape Coral Police Department launched a new website capecops.com, a Twitter and Facebook page, as well as a youtube channel.
By using social media, the Department anticipates building a stronger relationship with Cape residents and, ultimately, a more trustful one.
The second aspect of the community engagement program is a diverse panel of residents who will work with the police department, to meet the needs of the people.
Those interested in becoming a part of the community engagement panel have to apply. Applications can be found online at www.capecops.com
The Police Deparment is working with Florida Golf Coast University to help select a well-rounded group of residents.
80 people will be selected to participate in a Community Engagement Forum scheduled for Sat, March 5th at 8:30 am - 1:00 pm at Tarpon Pointe in Cape Coral.
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- 2 die in South Florida motorcycle crash
- SWFL gathering Saturday to support elderly smack cam victim
- Man catches dog thief in the act
- Post Office offers help on Sundays
- Ft. Myers woman reflects on Mandela, growing up in S. Africa
- Edcational app making the grade in Lee County Schools
- Garrod Drywall burglary suspect blacks out cameras
- Couple killed while crossing US 1 in central Fla.