|Published:||Feb 16, 2011 7:35 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 16, 2011 4:35 PM EST|
CAPE CORAL- Cape Coral Police have launched the Community Engagement Program, new crime fighting initiative on Wednesday.
The Cape Coral Police Department launched a new website capecops.com, a Twitter and Facebook page, as well as a youtube channel.
By using social media, the Department anticipates building a stronger relationship with Cape residents and, ultimately, a more trustful one.
The second aspect of the community engagement program is a diverse panel of residents who will work with the police department, to meet the needs of the people.
Those interested in becoming a part of the community engagement panel have to apply. Applications can be found online at www.capecops.com
The Police Deparment is working with Florida Golf Coast University to help select a well-rounded group of residents.
80 people will be selected to participate in a Community Engagement Forum scheduled for Sat, March 5th at 8:30 am - 1:00 pm at Tarpon Pointe in Cape Coral.
- FGCU one win away from NCAA Tournament appearance
- Man accused of killing dog with pickaxe appears in court
- Search continues for missing spring breaker
- Cape woman at center of life support controversy passes away
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- Fla. teen shot by grandfather during argument
- Suspected police impersonator was fed agent
- Woman, 97, hit by trooper dies of injuries
- Cape Coral firefighters investigate trash compactor fire