|Published:||Feb 15, 2011 11:39 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 15, 2011 8:45 PM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - A thief that walked out of a busy bar with hundreds of dollars in stolen cash was arrested after walking past the same bar 3 days later.
The thief, caught on security cameras, walked right through a busy Space 39 in downtown Fort Myers with the bars cash box after breaking into the office.
But after leaving, the thief walks back into the bar to make sure he didn't leave anything behind, eventually making away with $600 in cash, a video camera and jewelry.
He would have gotten away with the crime too, since cameras didn't get a good look at his face, if he didn't walk past the bar and its owner 3 days later.
"I tapped him on the shoulder and said 'Hey I've got some people I'd want you to meet' and the officer immediately handcuffed him and took him into custody," said Terry Tincher, owner of Space 39.
"I think he thought that he had got away scott free, I don't think he was really in fear of being caught," said Tincher.
- Teacher accused of having relationship with student
- Cape Coral Elks Lodge forced to shut its doors
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Red drift algae could pile up on SWFL beaches in 2014
- Collier Co. begins looking for land to build soccer complex
- Golisano Children's Hospital holds ceremonial groundbreaking
- Mobile home fire in North Fort Myers
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge
- Fla. man guilty in taxi, food delivery robberies