|Published:||Feb 15, 2011 11:56 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 15, 2011 8:16 PM EST|
COLLIER COUNTY- The Collier County Sheriff's Office is investigating the death of a 15-month-old toddler, Ava Grace Slabyin, of Golden Gate Estates.
At 8:43 a.m. Tuesday, a 911 call came in from 4290 26th Ave. S.E. reporting a drowning, according to Sheriff's Office spokeswoman Karie Partington.
When emergency rescuers arrived on the scene, the baby was on the floor in the master bedroom and her mother, Randi Marie Macleod, was performing CPR, according to Partington.
The toddler was transported to the hospital where she was pronounced dead.
- Early morning crash on US 41 kills pedestrian
- Man surrenders after lengthy situation in St. James City
- Interactive play to teach dangers of drug use
- Thieves steal handicapped man's motobility chair
- Crash kills 3, injures 2 in central Fla.
- Man accused of shooting neighbor's black Labrador
- FMB holds election for Town Council members
- Bieber could get new trial date in Florida case
- Stolen puppy returned to Pensacola pet store