|Published:||Feb 15, 2011 9:23 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 15, 2011 6:36 PM EST|
WAUCHULA- A Wauchula city commissioner has been removed from office for Sunshine Law violations and four other elected leaders of the small southwest Florida town have resigned.
Gov. Rick Scott issued an executive order Friday removing Daniel Graham from office because he attended meetings that were closed to the public. A city official told The Ledger Monday that four of the six other commissioners submitted resignation letters.
The five commissioners were criminally charged last year after an investigation of a citizen complaint. Investigators said they discussed city issues in private meetings in September 2009 and March 2010.
They pleaded no-contest to violating Florida's Sunshine Law, but a judge withheld a formal finding of guilt.
--- Information from: The Ledger, http://www.theledger.com
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school
- Toy drive sign ups end Friday for Collier Salvation Army
- Man accused in 2 killings attempts jail escape