|Published:||Feb 14, 2011 8:37 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 14, 2011 5:37 PM EST|
FORT MYERS- Monday, February 14, 2011 at 11:18 a.m. the Fort Myers Police Department responded to a hit and run crash near the intersection of S.R. 82 and Forum Boulevard. According to witnesses the driver of a Buick traveling westbound on S.R. 82 drifted into oncoming traffic and sideswiped a Dodge pickup truck that was headed eastbound on S.R. 82. The Buick continued into oncoming traffic and hit another car which was also a Buick.
The occupants in the car that caused the crash fled the scene on foot. They ran northeast through a field and into a nearby apartment complex. Police setup a perimeter using K-9 and the Lee County Sheriff’s Office Aviation Unit but the suspects were not located.
Those involved in the crash that stayed at the scene suffered minor injuries. The crash remains under investigation. Anyone with information is asked to call FMPD at 321-7700, Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS or text message C-R-I-M-E-S (274637) Keyword FMPD. Tipsters can remain anonymous.
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- JetBlue Airways opens flight route to Haiti
- FMPD arrests 3 teenaged vehicle burglary suspects
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- EXCLUSIVE: LeeTran driver speaks after possible bus shooting
- Fla. man charged in boy death eyed in 2nd killing