|Published:||Feb 12, 2011 4:55 AM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 12, 2011 1:56 AM EST|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla. - An emotional morning in a Collier County courtroom, as a judge sentences 24-year-old James Menard to life in prison. Jurors found him guilty for the shooting death of 17-year-old Jake Couture New Year's day 2010.
Couture's dad held up a large picture of Jake in the courtroom while Jake's parents talked about the unimaginable pain of loosing a child.
Menard showed no reaction until his own family got up to speak, begging the judge not send him to prison for life. In the end the Judge did just that, plus an additional 35 years for other charges.
RENEE STOLL, REPORTER
- FMPD arrests two for aggravated assault on law enforcement
- Power Outage Delays FGCU Game. Power Surge causes TV delay
- FGCU'S Road To March Madness Comes To An End
- FGCU takes on Mercer at 2 p.m. for ASUN Championship
- War Horse coming to the stage at Barbara B Mann
- Woman In Critical Condition after Motorcycle Crash In Charlo