|Published:||Feb 11, 2011 5:35 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 11, 2011 2:17 PM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla.-West Side Story is in Southwest Florida. It's playing now at the Barbara B. Mann Performing Arts Hall until Feb. 13th. One of the cast members hails from Fort Myers and it's a special treat for the national tour to make a stop in her hometown.
Alicia Charles graduated from Bishop Verot High School and grew up performing at Robin Dawn Dance Academy.
She is one of the Shark girls. The Sharks face off with the Jets on the streets of New York City in the 1950's. Young love is caught in the cross hairs.
Michelle Aravena's first production was West Side Story at age 14. Now she's playing the pivotal role of Anita, a fiesty, firey character made famous by Rita Moreno and Chita Rivera.
Visit www.bbmannpah.com for ticket information.
- Police arrest man who crashed his car into Cape canal
- Crist defends President Obama, blasts Scott
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- LCSO searches for hit & run suspect, bicyclist hospitalized
- FMPD arrests 2, seizes drugs, cash and handgun during search
- Driver suffers serious injuries after causing 3-car crash
- CCSO investigates Waffle House armed robbery
- Woman's throat slit by daughter's boyfriend, 15
- Security plans for Boston Marathon to be detailed
- Men allegedly point guns at FMPD officers