|Published:||Feb 11, 2011 5:35 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 11, 2011 2:17 PM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla.-West Side Story is in Southwest Florida. It's playing now at the Barbara B. Mann Performing Arts Hall until Feb. 13th. One of the cast members hails from Fort Myers and it's a special treat for the national tour to make a stop in her hometown.
Alicia Charles graduated from Bishop Verot High School and grew up performing at Robin Dawn Dance Academy.
She is one of the Shark girls. The Sharks face off with the Jets on the streets of New York City in the 1950's. Young love is caught in the cross hairs.
Michelle Aravena's first production was West Side Story at age 14. Now she's playing the pivotal role of Anita, a fiesty, firey character made famous by Rita Moreno and Chita Rivera.
Visit www.bbmannpah.com for ticket information.
- FMPD IDs victim in fatal shooting, suspect search continues
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage
- Police find 2 bodies inside West Palm Beach school
- Fla. school tells students to drop online classes
- Dr. Joseph Burke's Last Day as Superintendent
- Poll: Rubio gets negative marks on immigration
- School board approves new superintendent's contract
- Judge sends N. Fla. man to prison for life
- 2 children remain hospitalized after near drowning incidents
- Judge reads charge against Zimmerman to jurors