|Published:||Feb 10, 2011 12:17 AM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 09, 2011 9:18 PM EST|
NAPLES- Authorities say a southwest Florida deputy hit a pedestrian with his patrol car.
The Florida Highway Patrol reports that Corp. Brian Williams was in the parking lot of a Collier County Walmart Tuesday night when he hit the pedestrian. The victim was taken to a nearby hospital by helicopter. The person's name and condition weren't immediately released.
FHP was investigating the cause of the crash.
--- Information from: Naples Daily News, http://www.naplesnews.com
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- CCSO: no reason to believe accused murderer heading to SWFL
- Man who rescued motorcycle rider, killed in crash on Friday
- Redmond HIV case could be thrown out under Fla. law
- SAO drops grand theft charge against fmr. commissioner
- APNewsBreak: Fla. congressman lost $18M in scheme
- Girlfriend wants charges dropped against Zimmerman
- Realtors and police warn of rental fraud hitting SWFL
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end