|Published:||Feb 10, 2011 10:38 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 10, 2011 7:41 PM EST|
AVA MARIA, Fla. (AP) - The former director of the Office of Faith-Based Initiatives will be the next president of Ave Maria University.
The board of trustees announced Thursday that Jim Towey, who served under former President George W. Bush, will be responsible for day-to-day operations of the southwest Florida university starting July 1.
Thomas S. Monaghan, who currently serves as the university's chancellor and chief executive officer, will relinquish his CEO responsibilities.
Monaghan says this will give him more time to work with the university's supporters locally and nationally.
Towey was most recently president of Saint Vincent College in Latrobe, Pa.
Ave Maria University offers a liberal arts education in the Catholic tradition.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia. ID released
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend