|Published:||Feb 10, 2011 10:38 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 10, 2011 7:41 PM EST|
AVA MARIA, Fla. (AP) - The former director of the Office of Faith-Based Initiatives will be the next president of Ave Maria University.
The board of trustees announced Thursday that Jim Towey, who served under former President George W. Bush, will be responsible for day-to-day operations of the southwest Florida university starting July 1.
Thomas S. Monaghan, who currently serves as the university's chancellor and chief executive officer, will relinquish his CEO responsibilities.
Monaghan says this will give him more time to work with the university's supporters locally and nationally.
Towey was most recently president of Saint Vincent College in Latrobe, Pa.
Ave Maria University offers a liberal arts education in the Catholic tradition.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Barricaded man didn't survive in house fire
- Gateway street still blocked after fire, SWAT situation
- Retired Corrections officer arrested after accident
- Body identified in Fort Myers death investigation
- Neighbors fighting for fire station on Livingston Road
- Comedy show to benefit unpaid employees of Wise Guys
- Tiger has 4 pound hairball removed
- Stranger Danger in Naples
- Homes near sinkhole condemned
- Protecting children on the roads