|Published:||Feb 10, 2011 12:36 AM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 09, 2011 11:09 AM EST|
CAPE CORAL- The fire at the First Round Draft Bar & Grill that started just after 6:00 a.m. Wednesday on the corner of SE 12th Terrace and Del Prado Blvd has been ruled accidental.
The fire caused an estimated $100,000 in damage. The restaurant was vacant at the time, and there were no injuries.
At 6:08 a.m., Cape Fire units responded to a 911 call reporting smoke coming from the roof of the restaurant located at 1217 Del Prado Boulevard. Upon arrival, Fire crews observed heavy black smoke exiting from the roof. Firefighters entered the building through the kitchen and attacked the fire. Fire crews contained the fire to the kitchen area and put the fire out by 6:32 a.m.
The fire was isolated to the kitchen, but did significant damage in the kitchen.
Cape Coral Fire Investigator C. David Raborn determined that the cause of the fire was accidental, and the heat source was an electrical overload in an outlet near the rear door of the kitchen's stock area. A City building official responded and issued a "yellow tag" on the structure. A yellow tag indicates only limited access is permitted. LCEC also was contacted.
The City conducted the investigation, and the State Fire Marshal's Office was not called to the scene. The fire required the use of several Fire Department resources and resulted in the need for temporary mutual aid support from Iona-McGregor Fire Department.
- Lehigh family wants schoolbus back
- Grace Church's worm farms help students with special needs
- No one hurt in North Fort Myers mobile home fire
- Rescuers work to herd stranded whales away from SWFL shore
- Florida Supreme Court to discuss medical marijuana Thursday
- Collier County first responders investigate hazmat situation
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys