|Published:||Feb 10, 2011 12:36 AM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 09, 2011 11:09 AM EST|
CAPE CORAL- The fire at the First Round Draft Bar & Grill that started just after 6:00 a.m. Wednesday on the corner of SE 12th Terrace and Del Prado Blvd has been ruled accidental.
The fire caused an estimated $100,000 in damage. The restaurant was vacant at the time, and there were no injuries.
At 6:08 a.m., Cape Fire units responded to a 911 call reporting smoke coming from the roof of the restaurant located at 1217 Del Prado Boulevard. Upon arrival, Fire crews observed heavy black smoke exiting from the roof. Firefighters entered the building through the kitchen and attacked the fire. Fire crews contained the fire to the kitchen area and put the fire out by 6:32 a.m.
The fire was isolated to the kitchen, but did significant damage in the kitchen.
Cape Coral Fire Investigator C. David Raborn determined that the cause of the fire was accidental, and the heat source was an electrical overload in an outlet near the rear door of the kitchen's stock area. A City building official responded and issued a "yellow tag" on the structure. A yellow tag indicates only limited access is permitted. LCEC also was contacted.
The City conducted the investigation, and the State Fire Marshal's Office was not called to the scene. The fire required the use of several Fire Department resources and resulted in the need for temporary mutual aid support from Iona-McGregor Fire Department.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- Scammers call Charlotte County residents claiming to be CCU
- SUV sinks into hole in Cape Coral construction project
- Neighbors saw red flags ahead of animal cruelty arrest
- Indictment accuses SWFL residents of human smuggling