|Published:||Feb 10, 2011 9:30 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 10, 2011 6:30 PM EST|
NAPLES- The Collier County Sheriff's Office is investigating a report of an attempted child abduction in East Naples on Thursday.
A 17-year-old girl told detectives she was walking on Donna Street near North Road around 11:40 a.m. when a mid 1990's gold Chevrolet Camaro with T-tops and black trim on the sides of the doors pulled up next to her.
Detectives said the man in the vehicle asked the girl in Spanish to get into the car. He followed her for around five minutes. The girl continued walking and got to safety. Authorities were notified.
Detectives said the man is described as Hispanic, with a round face. He may have a piercing on his right ear.
Detectives have released a composite sketch of the man.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Collier County Sheriff's Office at 252-9300, or if you wish to remain anonymous, Crime Stoppers at 1.800.780.TIPS (8477).
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- Scammers call Charlotte County residents claiming to be CCU
- SUV sinks into hole in Cape Coral construction project
- Neighbors saw red flags ahead of animal cruelty arrest
- Indictment accuses SWFL residents of human smuggling