|Published:||Feb 09, 2011 8:57 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 09, 2011 6:02 PM EST|
ORLANDO- A trial has been postponed for a prominent southeast developer from Orlando who is charged with second-degree murder in the death of his wife.
Florida court officials in Orlando announced on Wednesday that Robert Ward's trial has been delayed. It was originally scheduled to begin Feb. 14. Both the prosecutor and defense have requested more time to prepare their cases.
No new trial date has been set.
Ward is charged with shooting 55-year-old Diane Ward in September 2009 at the couple's $5.2 million home in the Isleworth subdivision near Orlando. The community has been home to several celebrities including Tiger Woods and Shaquille O'Neal.
The 61-year-old Ward pleaded not guilty and is currently free on bond.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- Kohl's keeps doors open 'round the clock until Christmas Eve
- Miami man allegedly hid drugs in truck's door panel
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys
- JetBlue Airways opens flight route to Haiti