|Published:||Feb 09, 2011 2:30 AM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 08, 2011 9:27 PM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- It all started with one McDonald's employee.
Leandro Furman, who deputies say purposely left the back door open for the two robbers, takes out the trash.
When a manager goes to check on him, the dramatic armed robbery begins.
Gilberto Amaya and Kamyn Bright walk inside demanding cash. The video shows one of the suspects on the floor hiding and demanding money from the cashier. It's all happening while customers wait on their orders and wonder what's going wrong.
One customer calls 9-1-1 and tells the operator he sees employees on the floor.
Moments later, officers arrive on scene and the suspects take off, one on foot, the other in a black Jetta. This is when K-9's are let loose to chase them. Roscoe was shot to death by 17 year old Kamyn Bright, who died minutes later after officers returned fire.
Amaya puts an end to the chase after he rolls over the Jetta into a ditch.
- LCSO finds, arrests North Fort Myers murder suspect
- Suspect in Lehigh double murder located in WY
- Man pays down 76 layaway orders at Fla. store
- Attorney blasts investigation into FSU's Winston
- FMPD arrests 32 suspected drug dealers
- 2 transported by helicopter after serious crash on SR 776
- USPS to deliver mail in SWFL on certain Sundays
- Naples based St. Matthew's House expanding to Labelle
- Corrections officer accused of stealing inmate IDs
- Landlord accused in lead paint case