|Published:||Feb 09, 2011 7:40 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 09, 2011 4:44 PM EST|
CONGERS, N.Y.Police have found footprints at the top of a cliff, about 300 feet above the place where a hiker's body was discovered.
Clarkstown, N.Y., police Sgt. Harry Baumann says the footprints of a person and a dog were a good distance from established trails at Rockland Lake State Park.
Police say the death of 47-year-old Colleen Murphy at Rockland Lake State Park appears to be an accident. However, an autopsy is planned.
Murphy lived alone in Valley Cottage, N.Y
She and her dog were found dead Tuesday night.
Police believe Murphy went snowshoeing on Sunday and fell from the snow-covered cliff. Her father, who lives in West Palm Beach, Fla., reported her missing on Tuesday morning. Police want to talk to anyone who saw Murphy at the park on Sunday.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Cape Police find child living in deplorable conditions
- Deputies confiscate handgun from students at Alva Middle
- Lee County judge rules in favor of son in life or death case
- Ford logo creates close call for FGCU men's basketball team
- FGCU WINS!
- Cape PD: Man buys iPad with stolen credit card
- Police video of Bieber's urine test released
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Cape Coral Police shoot 'aggressive' dog on SW 6th Ave.
- Principal charged with sexually assaulting staffer