|Published:||Feb 09, 2011 10:56 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 09, 2011 7:21 PM EST|
FORT MYERS- A major fugitive wanted by the Massachusetts State Police has been arrested by the US Marshals Service Florida Regional Fugitive Task Force in Fort Myers, the Lee County Sheriff's Office confirms.
On January 4, an arrest warrant for Robert Griggs was issued out of Fitchburg District Court in Massachusetts for failure to register as a sex offender.
Following his arrest on the Massachusetts warrant, the Lee County Sheriff's Office Sexual Offender/Predator Unit charged Griggs for failing to notify law enforcement of his move to Florida. The law required Griggs to notify authorities within forty-eight hours.
Griggs moved to Florida sometime in December 2010. Since then, he has been living at 9701 Orange River Boulevard, Fort Myers and 4523 Palm Beach Boulevard, Fort Myers.
He has been charged with one felony count of Failure to Register as an Offender. He is currently in the Lee County Jail.
Griggs is an offender in multiple states, including North Carolina, Oklahoma and Texas.
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Salvation Army receives another 'Mimi coin' donation
- 1 suspect in Miami-Dade police manhunt identified
- Police chief resigns in troubled Fla. city
- DNA evidence leads detectives to North Port burglary suspect