|Published:||Feb 09, 2011 4:14 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 09, 2011 1:15 PM EST|
It's Wednesday and here on 6TV means only one thing.. let's eat!
Here today to show us how to make seared scallops with lobster sauce is Dave Gossett from Fleming's Prime Steakhouse and wine bar in Naples.
1 pastry shell 4"x4"
1 Tbsp. Egg yolks pasteurized
1/2 Tbsp. Water
6ea. Scallop's U-10
2tsp. salt & pepper blend
1 1/2 oz. Pomace oil
3/4 oz. Carrots, julienne
3/4oz. Shiitake mushrooms, julienne
3/4 oz. asparagus 1" bias cuts
1 Tbsp. Butter, lightly salted
1 pinch of salt
1 pinch of black pepper
2oz. Lobster cream sauce
1tsp. chopped parsley
1. Cut the puff pastry into a square 4"x4", make a second cut in the puff pastry 1/2" from the edge going around the entire square execpt do not cut 2 opposite corners so that it's still 1 piece.
Carefully pull up on the 2 opposite corners and set them back on the pastry square makeing a raised edge all the way around. Dock the top of the pastry with a fork and place on a sheet pan.
Combine the egg and water then brush the top of the pastry. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
2. Remove side mussel from scallops and season with salt and pepper. In a pan set on high heat add 1 1/2 oz. pomace oil then sear scallops on both sides 3-4 minutes until bottom and edges of the scallop are golden brown.
3. Cut the carrots into 1/8' wide x 2" long julienne. Remove the stem on the shiitake mushrooms then cut into 1/4" x 1 1/2" long julienne. Cut the asparagus into 1" long pieces. Place the butter in a 10" pan set on medium high heat. Add all of the vegetables and cook 4-5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Re-heat the pastry shell in a 375 degree oven for 3 minutes then place at the top of a plate with vegatables. Laddle the lobster sauce on the front plate and set the scallops on top.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Man who lost leg to propeller unable to reach settlement
- Five years fatality free: Florida set to break gator record
- Sun-N-Fun Lagoon opens for Collier schools' winter break
- Templeton Shootout drives millions into Naples economy
- House to tackle flood insurance rate hikes
- Neighbors say homicide victim was loved by everyone