|Published:||Feb 09, 2011 4:14 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 09, 2011 1:15 PM EST|
It's Wednesday and here on 6TV means only one thing.. let's eat!
Here today to show us how to make seared scallops with lobster sauce is Dave Gossett from Fleming's Prime Steakhouse and wine bar in Naples.
1 pastry shell 4"x4"
1 Tbsp. Egg yolks pasteurized
1/2 Tbsp. Water
6ea. Scallop's U-10
2tsp. salt & pepper blend
1 1/2 oz. Pomace oil
3/4 oz. Carrots, julienne
3/4oz. Shiitake mushrooms, julienne
3/4 oz. asparagus 1" bias cuts
1 Tbsp. Butter, lightly salted
1 pinch of salt
1 pinch of black pepper
2oz. Lobster cream sauce
1tsp. chopped parsley
1. Cut the puff pastry into a square 4"x4", make a second cut in the puff pastry 1/2" from the edge going around the entire square execpt do not cut 2 opposite corners so that it's still 1 piece.
Carefully pull up on the 2 opposite corners and set them back on the pastry square makeing a raised edge all the way around. Dock the top of the pastry with a fork and place on a sheet pan.
Combine the egg and water then brush the top of the pastry. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
2. Remove side mussel from scallops and season with salt and pepper. In a pan set on high heat add 1 1/2 oz. pomace oil then sear scallops on both sides 3-4 minutes until bottom and edges of the scallop are golden brown.
3. Cut the carrots into 1/8' wide x 2" long julienne. Remove the stem on the shiitake mushrooms then cut into 1/4" x 1 1/2" long julienne. Cut the asparagus into 1" long pieces. Place the butter in a 10" pan set on medium high heat. Add all of the vegetables and cook 4-5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Re-heat the pastry shell in a 375 degree oven for 3 minutes then place at the top of a plate with vegatables. Laddle the lobster sauce on the front plate and set the scallops on top.
- FMPD arrests two for aggravated assault on law enforcement
- FGCU'S Road To March Madness Comes To An End
- Power Outage Delays FGCU Game. Power Surge causes TV delay
- FGCU takes on Mercer at 2 p.m. for ASUN Championship
- War Horse coming to the stage at Barbara B Mann
- Woman In Critical Condition after Motorcycle Crash In Charlo