|Published:||Feb 07, 2011 5:47 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 07, 2011 2:47 PM EST|
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - A 77-year-old woman collapsed and died in December after riding the Prince Charming Regal Carousel in Walt Disney World.
The Orlando Sentinel reported the death Sunday after the theme park filed a guest-injury report with state officials. Florida's big theme parks have an agreement with the state in which they report guest injuries in exchange for avoiding state ride-safety regulation.
The report indicated the woman had a pre-existing heart condition.
Walt Disney World reported two other injuries. A 71-year-old woman broke a hip and shoulder after riding the Magic Kingdom carousel and a 76-year-old woman injured her leg after falling on a moving platform for Epcot's The Seas with Nemo & Friends.
No other parks reported injuries.
--- Information from: Orlando Sentinel, http://www.orlandosentinel.com
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Suspect in custody after Orlando-area school shooting
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Support for smack cam victim grows, victim responds
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41
- Alamo gun range set to open in February in Naples
- Toddler apparently drowned in canal
- Woman charged with DUI, crashing into school bus
- Grace Church's worm farms help students with special needs
- New marina, dry boat storage facility in Cape Coral