|Published:||Feb 07, 2011 7:51 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 07, 2011 4:52 PM EST|
CAPE CORAL, Fla - A kitchen fire at a Southwest Cape residence Monday morning that caused $25,000 damage has been ruled accidental.
At 6:56 a.m., Cape Fire Dispatch received a 911 call reporting a fire at 2201 SW 1st Avenue. Fire crews arrived on scene within minutes and were able to knock down the fire quickly. All occupants had exited the home prior to the arrival of the firefighters. There were no injuries.
An investigation by Cape Coral Fire Inspector Michael Burkhart found that the fire originated in the kitchen, and the heat source was a cooking appliance (stove). The building was red-tagged by the City’s building inspector, and Red Cross responded to assist the home’s occupants.
- Woman takes wallet left at Walmart, uses debit card
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- Elderly Naples man accused of molesting special needs teen
- Mother accused of doing 'whippets' while baby was present
- Family surprises neighbors with 'Random Acts of Kindness'
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- Caretaker allegedly takes more than $11,300 from victim
- Lee County school board votes to make school day longer
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids