|Published:||Feb 05, 2011 1:52 AM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 04, 2011 10:55 PM EST|
NAPLES, Fla. - Just a month on the job and new Senator Marco Rubio making his first stop in Naples for a town hall meeting.
Close to 200 people showed up with a variety of questions from budget, to health care, to the conflict in Egypt. However, the biggest concern proved to be jobs in Florida.
"People either don't have a job, or are struggling to make enough money to keep their head above water. And the government is making it harder, not easier for the job creators to create a climate of prosperity, and we need to stop that," Rubio told reporters.
Rubio also tells us he has not beefed up security following the tragedy in Tucson. He says it would hamper his desire to be accessible to his constituents.
- FMPD arrests two for aggravated assault on law enforcement
- Power Outage Delays FGCU Game. Power Surge causes TV delay
- FGCU'S Road To March Madness Comes To An End
- FGCU takes on Mercer at 2 p.m. for ASUN Championship
- War Horse coming to the stage at Barbara B Mann
- Woman In Critical Condition after Motorcycle Crash In Charlo