|Published:||Feb 05, 2011 3:07 AM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 05, 2011 12:07 AM EST|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - There's a big weekend ahead for businesses in downtown Fort Myers. People packed the streets for Art Walk Friday night, gearing up for ArtFest this weekend.
With about 10,000 people out Friday night for the preview, and 60,000 expected to come out this weekend, downtown Fort Myers is full of energy and color.
50-some artists, sculptors, and performers were out under the stars giving everyone a preview of what's to come. Saturday, ArtFest will officially open with all 200 artists from about 40 states - including local high school students - showcasing their amazing art work. Three artists even flew in from Japan to be part of the show.
"There's paintings, sculptures, ceramics, glass, jewelry there's 14 different categories so something for everybody and a lot of different price ranges," ArtFest Director Sharon McAllister said. "All of our artists are special. Almost 900 artists apply for this show and only 200 get in."
There's also 10 tents worth of arts and crafts activities for kids. The best part is, admission is free. ArtFest runs from 10 to 5 Saturday and Sunday. There's parking all around the city. Just look for the colorful signs. To see a map of where everything is, go to ArtFestFortMyers.com
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- 2 dead after shooting at Miami barbershop