|Published:||Feb 04, 2011 11:55 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 04, 2011 8:55 PM EST|
NEW PORT RICHEY- A third teen has been charged in the beating of a pregnant 17-year-old girl whose boyfriend, police say, organized the attack, hoping to make the girl miscarry.
The Pasco County Sheriff's Office reports that 18-year-old Marshall Lee Chapman was charged Thursday with armed kidnapping and aggravated battery on a pregnant female. He's being held on $160,000 bail.
Authorities say 18-year-old Devin R. Nickels hired Chapman and 19-year-old Andres Luis Marrero to attack his pregnant girlfriend.
Authorities say Nickels and the girl were at an apartment complex just hours after the New Year when Marrero came over pretending to be an armed robber. He allegedly forced them into the woods and kicked her in the stomach. She was treated and the fetus appeared to be uninjured. Authorities say Chapman drove Marrero to and from the scene.
--- Information from: St. Petersburg Times, http://tampabay.com
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Power Outage Delays FGCU Game. Power Surge causes TV delay
- Firefighters rescue driver from atop his submerged vehicle
- Despite loss, FGCU fans make the best of game day
- LCSO searches for hit & run suspect, bicyclist hospitalized
- Crist defends President Obama, blasts Scott
- Security plans for Boston Marathon to be detailed