|Published:||Feb 04, 2011 5:24 PM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 04, 2011 2:24 PM EST|
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say three fishermen were rescued after their boat caught fire in the St. Marys River near the Georgia-Florida state line.
U.S. Coast Guard officials say they responded to calls for help from the crew of a commercial fishing vessel around 1:50 a.m. Wednesday.
Authorities say the fire was out by the time they arrived at the scene.
The fishermen sustained some burns and were treated by emergency medical personnel in Fernandina Beach, Fla. Their injuries were described as non-life-threatening.
--- Information from: The Florida Times-Union, http://www.jacksonville.com
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia. ID released
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Arrest made in Port Charlotte party shooting
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend
- Child Struck And Killed By Vehicle In Bonita Springs.
- Skydiver, pilot treated after midair accident
- Coast Guard: 10 migrants repatriated back to Cuba