|Published:||Feb 04, 2011 5:32 AM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 04, 2011 2:34 AM EST|
FT. MYERS - Thursday, February 03, 2011 the Fort Myers Police Department received information about an attempted abduction. It happened at Allen Park Elementary School located at 3345 Canelo Drive at 1:00 p.m. The parent reports that their child was outside at a school function when he was approached by a stranger. The man tried to get the child to enter his vehicle.
The child describes the stranger as a white male, 40 - 50 years old, with salt and pepper hair, a goatee and chinstrap facial hair. The man is further described as 5’10” to 6’ tall with a stocky build. The suspect was wearing a multi-colored t-shirt with fish on it and green pants. The child could see a tattoo of an eye on the man’s inside right ankle.
The suspect was seen driving a black, newer model V.W. Beetle bearing a State of Florida tag that has a picture of a golfer on it. (A sample picture of the tag is attached to this email). The vehicle also had a bumper sticker that is sports related on the right rear of the car. This is the first report of its type that police have received in the area. However, it is a good time for parents to teach or remind their children about stranger dangers. Anyone with information is asked to call FMPD at 321-7700, Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS or text message C-R-I-M-E-S (274637) Keyword FMPD. Tipsters can remain anonymous.
- Woman's throat slit by daughter's boyfriend, 15
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman allegedly steals iPhone 5S from Verizon Store
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- FMPD arrests 2, seizes drugs, cash and handgun during search
- Driver suffers serious injuries after causing 3-car crash