|Published:||Feb 03, 2011 1:05 AM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 02, 2011 10:08 PM EST|
NORTH FORT MYERS, FL-An 82 year old man robbed and assaulted in broad daylight.
A good Samaritan saw the attack and chased the robber down.
"My arm...swollen bruised hand."
Kai Kristiansen says he feels every bump and bruise he got during a scuffle with a robber yesterday afternoon.
The 82 year old just bought wine from Discount Liquor in North Fort Myers.
He says, "Suddenly, I felt a hand in my back pocket, and I turned around an swung my arm out and hit him, but being a young man, he managed to knock me down."
The robber stole Kristainsen's wallet.
Reporter Sarah Pusateri says, " Right at that moment, a good Samaritan was pulling up to the intersection of North Tamiami and Bayshore. He says he saw the man being assaulted and heard him yelling, and he knew he had to act fast."
"Once I saw that the store owners were there, I was going after him and they said, go get him! Go get him!
So Shoemaker did, driving through parking lots and medians after the robber. His girlfriend was on the phone with 9-1-1.
"My grandparents when I was younger got broken into and robbed, and beat, and that just triggered something in my mind and I was after him just as fast as I could."
Shoemaker spotted the robber. 26 year old Everett Parramoure and told him not to move.
Shoemaker says, "I even asked the kid, I said, what if I did that to your grandfather?
Deputies arrested Parramoure and got back Kristainsen's wallet which they found in his house.
Kristainsen says, "I consider myself a lucky person all due to a good citizen and good police work."
The good Samaritan tells us yesterday was his birthday. He says being able to help someone out made it extra special.
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- FMPD arrests 3 teenaged vehicle burglary suspects
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- EXCLUSIVE: LeeTran driver speaks after possible bus shooting
- Fla. man charged in boy death eyed in 2nd killing
- Owner tracks stolen boat to Mexico