|Published:||Feb 03, 2011 3:23 AM EST|
|Updated:||Feb 02, 2011 5:11 PM EST|
CAPE CORAL- A bee hive was found on the 3400 block of Santa Barbara Boulevard in Cape Coral today.
It is estimated that there are up to 80-thousand bees residing in the hive.
The bee hive is about 5 feet long sitting in a tree
The City feels it is now a safety issue because the bee hive is in the area of a bus stop and a high traffic area.
The bees will be transported today to a local sanctuary.
Tune to WINK News at 5 tonight for the full story.
- FGCU one win away from NCAA Tournament appearance
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- Search continues for missing spring breaker
- Gay-straight club lawsuit to be move forward
- Fla. teen shot by grandfather during argument
- Cape Coral firefighters investigating trash compactor fire
- Judge: tainted evidence not enough to free inmate
- Suspected police impersonator was fed agent
- Researcher suspended after dolphin moved to pool